Class 321 Alterations
Installation design and certification to make changes to the cab layout
Wabtec Rail Ltd. received an order from Eversholt Rail Group to modify seven ex-London Midland Class 321 units prior to them entering service with Abellio ScotRail. As part of this contract, there was a requirement to make the cabs operationally similar to that of the Class 320 vehicles operated by Abellio ScotRail. DB ESG was sub-contracted to undertake the installation design and certification required to make the necessary cab changes.
- Vehicle survey at Wabtec Doncaster
- Mechanical installation design drawings, including overall cab arrangements
- Updated electrical schematics
- Detailed modification, testing and commissioning procedures in Wabtec Rail Ltd. format.
- Electrical risk assessment (FMECA)
- Issue of Letter of Comfort in accordance with TN-029 (excluding WSP modification).
- Issue of Design Conformance Certificate only for WSP Modification.
- DB ESG provided technical support during the first-in-class installation.